SQL Server Ebooks » SQL SERVER 2008 A Beginners Guide
, eBook Downloads 
Get Started on SQL Server 2008 in No Time
Learn to use all of the powerful features available in SQL
Server 2008 quickly and easily.
SQL Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide explains the fundamentals of each topic alongside examples and tutorials that
walk you through real-world database tasks.
Install SQL Server 2008, construct high-performance databases, use powerful Transact-SQL statements,
create stored procedures and triggers, and execute simple and complex database queries.
Performance tuning, Database Engine security, Business
Intelligence, and XML are also covered.
* Set up, configure, and maintain SQL Server 2008
* Build and manage database objects
using Transact-SQL statements
* Create stored procedures and user-defined functions
* Optimize database performance,
availability, and reliability
* Implement solid security using authentication, encryption, and authorization
* Automate tasks using SQL
* Create reliable data backups and perform flawless system restores
* Use all-new SQL Server 2008 Business
Intelligence, development, and administration tools
* Learn in detail the SQL Server XML technology (SQLXML)