.Net Ebooks » Professional Visual Studio 2008
, eBook Downloads 
Professional Visual Studio 2008
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is the latest version in the ongoing evolution of
the Integrated Development Environment (IDE), and this resource examines the diverse facets of the IDE from common tasks to intricate functions to the powerful tools that
accompany the main code editing and design windows.
Written by a unique author duo and offering an in-depth look at the powerful and fascinating
features and techniques of the IDE, this book explores each aspect of the development life cycle from the perspective of how Visual Studio 2008 can make your life easier.
Each chapter is packed with examples that illustrate uses for various tools, commands, and shortcuts of Visual Studio 2008.
will gradually learn to identify where a feature is used, conclude how you can use it to its fullest potential, and then seamlessly apply that feature to help solve real-world
What you will learn from this book
* How to create project templates and wizards
* Methods for using
IntelliSense, code refactoring, class modeling, and unit testing
* Tips for using DataSets, LINQ, and Synchronization Services for working with data
How to build web applications using ASP.NET AJAX, Silverlight, and ASP.NET MVC
* Ideas for building Office and Mobile applications, WPF, WCF, and WF projects
* Ways to effectively analyze and identify bugs using the advanced debugging features
* How to automate repetitive tasks using the Visual Studio 2008
add-ins and macros
* Suggestions for using Visual Studio Team System components coupled with Team Foundation Server
* Techniques for building
more secure applications