C/C++/C# Ebooks » C For Dummies
, eBook Downloads 
If you're like most people, the above seems like nonsense. Actually, it's computer sense'C programming.
After digesting C For
Dummies, 2nd Edition, you'll understand it.
C programs are fast, concise and versatile.
They let you boss your computer around
for a change.
So turn on your computer, get a free compiler and editor (the book tells you where), pull up a chair, and get going.
You won't have to go far (page 13) to find your first program example. You'll do short, totally manageable, hands-on exercises to help you make sense of:
* All 32 keywords in the C language (that's rightกชjust 32 words)
* The functionsกชseveral dozen of them
* Terms like printf(), scanf(), gets (), and puts ()
* String variables, numeric variables, and constants
* Looping and implementation
In case those terms are almost as intimidating as the idea of programming, be reassured that C For Dummies was written by Dan
Gookin, bestselling author of DOS For Dummies, the book that started the whole library.
So instead of using expletives and getting headaches, you'll be
using newly acquired skills and getting occasional chuckles as you discover how to:
* Design and develop programs
* Add comments (like
post-it-notes to yourself) as you go
* Link code to create executable programs
* Debug and deploy your programs
* Use lint, a common tool
to examine and optimize your code
A helpful, tear-out cheat sheet is a quick reference for comparison symbols, conversion characters, mathematical
doodads, C numeric data types, and more.
C For Dummies takes the mystery out of programming and gets you into it quickly and painlessly.